First came the Ratatouille and with the zucchini leftovers came this delicious soup. The exotic note the curry gives always comes as a surprise. Perfect for a light dinner or a soup and salad lunch. Delicious hot and cold.
Curry zucchini soup
Published on 18/01/2011 | By Monica |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini
- 1 cooked potatoe
- 1 2/3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sesam oil
- salt, pepper and nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- sesam seeds to garnish
- croutons for serving
- Cook the onions until soft with olive oil and a few drops of sesam oil.
- Add the zucchini. At this point add also the curry powder, nutmeg and salt and pepper.
- Cook simmering well one in a while and until the liquid from the zuchini evaporates.
- Blend and add the broth. Add also the potatoe until you have the texture you wish for the soup.
- Return to heat and add the milk.
- Taste the salt, add if necessary.
- Allow to boil and add the butter.
- Serve with croutons and garnish with sesam seeds. You can serve it cold as well.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 40 Minutes
- Recipe Type : First Course, Soups and creams
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.