In Perú, we talk a lot in slang using food expressions. Green beans in peruvian slang referred to as things being complicated, but in spanish, it does not make much sense in english really. However, in this salad we make beans easy-going. The secret: dress them while still hot.
Green bean salad
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (4.5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 150 gr cherry tomatoes
- 300 gr de green beans, topped and tailed
- 150 gr feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlis cloves, crushed
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 230ºC
- Make the dressing by whisking together the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic and seasoning.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and put them on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper and roast for about 10 minutos, then let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the beans in boiling salted water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the beans and immediaterly pour the vinaigrette over and mix well.
- When cool, stir in the roasted tomatoes and the feta cheese.