This is the first appetizer I cooked in Berlin for 8 german friends. A great way to start because it is undoubtedly THE appetizer for all peruvian homes. I’ve prepared them so many times and there has not been a single ocassion where there has been any leftover. Cheese rolled up into wonton pastry and guacamole sauce. This is a gift for you guys, it’s easy and everyone likes them.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 guacamole --> recipe here
- 1 egg white
- 1 package of wonton pastry
- 300 gr salty fresch cheese
- Note on what cheese to buy: in Madrid I usually buy the fresh cheese from Ecuador that I find in internet latin stores, since in Perú we prepare tequeños with salty fresh cheese. However, you can make them with mozarella cheese, gouda and other butter cheeses and even with type feta, which is the cheese I used last time here in Berlín and they were delicious as well. So don't have a hard time looking for cheese!!! buy your favourite!
- Separate the egg white from the yolk and have it ready on a small bowl.
- Take a single wonton pastry and place a piece of cheese aproximately the same length as the pastry leaving aproximately 0,5 cm on each side for sealing. See photograph.
- Roll the pastry, and when you get to the end place the egg white over the sides and to seal the tequeño.
- Repeat until you've got no more cheese or pastry!! I usually calculate around 4 per person. You can prepare them with time and when the guests arrive have the guacamole ready and just fry them!
- So yes, fry them and serve with guacamole.